Facilities and Maintenance Manager Job Description
Responsibilities: Facilities and Maintenance Manager reports to the Director and is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all physical facilities of the library
- Ensures all library locations are safe and hospitable for patrons and staff
- Participates in the planning and construction of new facilities and renovations of existing facilities
- Manages the daily maintenance, including custodial, of all facilities
- Manages maintenance of all library vehicles
- Manages all safety programs. Ensures compliance with health, fire, building codes, and OSHA regulations
- Understands and implements disaster and emergency plans
- Oversees the operation of electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems of all facilities, including elevators, lighting, boilers, etc.
- Develops and implements a schedule for regular preventive maintenance of all systems and equipment, including copiers, telephones, elevators, etc.
- Attends all inspections by Fire/Police/Safety and all other agencies for all facilities
- Maintains or oversees upkeep of all library property, including parking areas, lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Operates all programs for building systems such as fire alarms, telephones, etc.
- Maintains or oversees security of all facilities, including security systems.
- Manages all supply purchases for all facilities.
- Ability to use all tools and operate all equipment necessary to perform work of the position.
- Oversees and serves as driver for daily delivery of materials to all library locations.
- Oversees first-aid equipment and supplies.
- Is required to do heavy lifting and physical activities.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in building maintenance/engineering, or a closely related field preferred. Three to five years in any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities also preferred. Must be able to meet the flexible scheduling requirements of the library, including being on call for any emergencies during non-library hours. Ability to perform the major functions of the position required. Knowledge of building standards and codes. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.