WCPL Branch Manager Job Description
Branch Managers manage the library agencies outside of the Main Library and report to the Director of the system. They are expected to maintain their branches as community libraries which are part of a larger system and to promote the best possible customer service. They are responsible for the following:
- Schedules, supervises, and evaluates all employees within their agency.
- Supervises staff on the use of the Automated Checkout System and all responsibilities associated with Circulation.
- Assists patrons in their library research, answers their questions through information which is directly available within the system, and directs all other research to the Reference Coordinator.
- Helps develop the collection in their agency based on the reading of reviews, patron requests and by understanding where the current collection is lacking.
- Works in conjunction with other Branch Managers and Department Coordinators in the development of special programming for all patrons in their local service areas.
- Implements, or supervises the implementation of, any programming for the children and adults in their local community.
- Creates and implements goals and objectives as approved by the Director.
- Required to attend at least 2 workshops or continuing education seminars outside of the Library each year.
- This is a salaried position and the employee is required to work at least 40 hours a week.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director.
High School diploma or GED required. MLS from an ALA accredited school (preferred), or relevant experience. Demonstrated customer service skills and commitment to excellent public service required. Must be able to meet the flexible scheduling requirements of the library. Ability to perform the major functions of the position.