Teacher Card Collections and Assistance
The purpose of Teacher’s Card Collections and Assistance is to facilitate the use of the Library and local resources and to provide curriculum support for the teachers in the Williams County Public Library’s service area.
Teachers and Homeschoolers are required to complete a teacher application form and a personal application form and receive two Williams County Public Library cards. The teacher card will allow the following privileges:
- Material loan periods of 28 days with 28 day renewal. Materials which have holds or which were obtained through ILL may be requested to be returned earlier.
- Library staff assistance in compiling lists of materials or pulling the materials according to the Teacher’s instructions. This will require advanced notice of at least 2 working days.
- Library staff assistance in compiling bibliographies. This will require advanced notice of at least 7 working days.
- Access to Library kits, storytelling, library tours and instruction, classroom visits, literature updates, reader’s advisory, and other professional services, by appointment.
Guidelines for use:
- There is no limit to the number of materials which can be checked out at one time; however the Library asks that Teachers not deplete subject areas and be considerate of other patron’s needs.
- Teachers must pick up or examine materials within two days of being notified that the collection is complete. After two days, the materials will be re-shelved.
- Materials will be pulled on a first come, first served basis.
- Overdue fines and fees will be charged on lost, damaged, or overdue materials.
- Personal items MAY NOT be checked out on a Teacher card.
- The Library has the right to revoke a Teacher card if it is abused.
Approved: September 18, 2006